Finally somebody showing what push is trying to teach. Not just a drawn out shoving match/king of the hill. :)
Art of fighting
This changes everything…
The Eight Trigrams of Ba Gua
A healthy relationship means that both members of the couple are…
1. Communicating with each other: Talking about problems without screaming and shouting; listening to each other, and respecting their viewpoint; being willing to adapt and to sometimes change their mind.
1. Stop fantasising: Those with too rosy a picture of the future tend to put less effort into reaching their goals. Instead, it’s better to be open to some things going wrong. It will help you see the obstacles - and think through beating them.
These little girls can brawl out! Solid technique.
(pictured the late Jesse Glover, teacher of Gung Fu and Bruce Lee’s first assistant instructor)
“I am learning to understand rather than immediately judge or to be judged.
I cannot blindly follow the crowd and accept their approach.
I will not allow myself to indulge in the usual manipulating game of role creation.
Fortunately for me, my self-knowledge has transcended that and I have come to understand that life is best to be lived and not to be conceptualized.
I am happy because I am growing daily and I am honestly not knowing where the limit lies. To be certain, every day there can be a revelation or a new discovery.
I treasure the memory of the past misfortunes. It has added more to my bank of fortitude.”
If you’ve been in a relationship for a while you know how easy it can be to fall into a routine of the same old, same old. Keep things hot by mixing it up with these fun and unique ideas:
- Try new activities together. Usually spend Friday nights watching movies on the couch? Try out a new activity together like bowling, mini golf or eating a new type of cuisine on your next date. Getting out of your comfort zone as a couple is not only fun but will bring you closer together too.
- Spend time apart. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, so spend time with other groups of friends. You’ll look forward to seeing each other afterwards and have lots to talk about. Being apart makes you appreciate being together.
- Look your best. It’s great to be comfortable around your partner, but after a while it’s easy to let yourself go. Too many nights in wearing sweats and an old t-shirt can send the message that you just don’t care as much as you used to. Try dressing up a little and putting a bit more care into your appearance the way you did when you were first trying to catch their eye. You’ll feel hotter and they’ll definitely notice.
Cheng Pei Pei and Shih Szu in “The Lady Hermit.”